Mireille from the Netherlands
Blog Address: amberennoah.blogspot.com
• How long have you been scrapping? What drew you to scrapbooking/paper crafting/card making? I have been scrapping for 4 years now. I started after the birth of my daughter, Amber. I always loved to collect and take tons of photos, write long (travel) journals and include all kinds of "souvenirs" from paper napkins to entrance tickets. I had never heard of scrapbooking. When I went back to work after Amber was born, I walked around with my photos of my first baby. I showed them to everyone! My coworker's son was 3 and I asked her if she still carried pictures of him to work. She smiled and pulled out the most beautiful mini album. I never saw something like that. Fell in love with scrapbooking right then and there. Loved the patterned papers and the pretty embellishments. I scrapbook because it makes me happy. I love the process and love to get my hands on creative stuff after a hard day of work. I also love to create a legacy for my children. Hope that they will love their albums as much as I loved making them.
• What inspires you? When do you like to scrapbook? I get my inspiration from everything around me. Whether that's colors, smells, nature, commercials on tv or in magazines.. and my kids of course :) I love to scrapbook at home, alone. I am not that great at croppin with my friends because I end up yapping about scrapbooking in stead of creating ;)
• Describe your style in 3 words/short phrases. Messy, Shabby chic, Romantic.
• Favorite Pebbles product/collection? My favorite product??? I am in love with patterned paper.. so I guess that's it.. (allthough I find the preglittered chipboard brilliant and droolworthy) Collection? Do I have to choose?! I can't ... urgh.. uhmmm... "So Tweet!"
• Favorite sweet treat? Chocolate!!
• Favorite place to travel or where would you like to travel? I love to travel to Pula/Croatia...the most beautiful place in the world (as far as I have seen)...would love to see Kathmandu one day!
• Were you named after anyone? Unfortunately yes...lol...I was named after this French singer that was very popular around the time I was born. My parents loved the name. I wasn't so proud of it because she was extremely dull. The name is ok I guess although non-French speaking people have a lot of trouble pronouncing it. It sounds a lot like "Mariah" (who is a singer that is less dull ;D)